Sunday, October 25, 2009

Blake turns TWO!

So Friday was Blake's second birthday! I can't believe I have a two year old. It kind of freaks me out! We didn't do much of anything special for his birthday that day since it is also mine and Dave's anniversary that day too. Dave and I left him with Grandma and Grandpa for the evening and we went to Goodwood for dinner! Yummy! I love that place. Then we went and ran a bunch of errands for Blake's party. I know....romantic. We do what we can.
So Blake had his part on Saturday and it was so much fun. Saturday morning Dave and Blake carved Blake's Halloween pumpkin together and we decorated for the party! I thought it was a brilliant idea to attempt to make Blake's birthday cake this year with a "truck" theme. The first picture is my first attempt. As you can see...not so good. With some help from neighbors (thanks Mandie!) I pulled it off, and I must say I am kind of proud of the finished product!
All in all it was an awesome weekend. We have enjoyed five years of marriage and have a beautiful little two year old boy and are loving life.



Blake and Daddy carving pumpkins!


First attempt at the cake!



Final product...


Blake and Dave at the end of a LONG day! Happy Birthday Blake!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

k you are so profesional cake maker i may hire you haha

Murray Family said...

Awww, happy birthday Blake!!! The cake turned out awesome! Our boys are getting too big.

The Copelands said...

How fun! I hope y'all had a great day!

Katie said...

You have such a cute kid! Happy birthday to Blake!

Katie said...

Hey! I have a new blog address! tyandkate2006.blogspot.com